For recycling to work, everyone has to participate in each phase of the loop. From government and industry, to organizations, small businesses, and people at home, every American can take advantage of recycling opportunities. Below are some ways in which businesses, and citizens can get involved:
- Make recycling part of your daily routine.
- Companies can make changes in mission statements and company policy to include the environmental impact of recycling.
- Publicize new environmental goals and policies, and encourage participation.
- Implement recycling programs and encourage participation.
- Form Environmental Leadership Teams within your school to encourage and support recycling.
- Reap the financial rewards of recycling and implement recycling drives with proceeds going to school, school programs, or individual organizations.